This meal will be ready in less than 15 mins : Ready,Set,Go!
This was a seriously simple recipe using only the ingredients I had available at the time. The salami I had frozen from a cheese platter we hadn't finished. I always have tomato, capers and frozen peas in my fridge. Gluten free pasta is always in the pantry too, and you couldn't call me Greek if I didn't always have garlic in the house! Use what's in your fridge, and don't be afraid to experiment!
Crispy Salami Pea Pasta
- Any pasta or GF pasta you like
- Hot salami
- Salted capers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
(Use your intuition in the kitchen to guide your quantities!)
- Boil a pot of water. In a pan, add salami on high heat. Turn and cook both sides until crispy; set it aside.
- Chop garlic and tomato. In the same pan add olive oil along with the garlic and tomato, and cook for a minute. Now add your capers and peas, a big squeeze of lemon, and season. Turn off heat.
- At this time your water should be boiled. Pop in your pasta, follow packet instructions - this should take 5-7 mins, depending how you like it; I like mine al dente.
- Once pasta is cooked splash about a cup of the cooking water in the pan, drain the pasta, then add it to pan. Turn on the heat and warm through. Serve by crumbling the crispy salami on top, and parmesan of course.