You have to try this super easy, seriously delicious gluten free Orange and Almond Cake! This cake is so easy to make and stays so moist for days! This one's a family favourite. Enjoy!
ORANGE & ALMOND CAKE (Gluten Free)
- 2 oranges
- 5 free-range eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250g almond meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Icing sugar
- Boil whole oranges for 1 and a half hours, check the pot while boiling and top up water if it gets too low, drain and cool. You can do this the day before and keep them in the fridge.
- Butter a non-stick spring form cake tin and dust with caster sugar.
- Beat eggs with sugar using a hand blender.
- Add the 2 whole oranges and beat into eggs and sugar. Add almond meal, baking powder and ground cardamom, beat until combined.
- Pour into tin, bake in a preheated 180 C oven for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown, once cool dust with icing sugar.