Vermiceli Salad with Prawn, Mint & Nouc Cham Dressing
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 200g peeled cooked prawns
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced with veggie peeler
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw peanut, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 long red chilli
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- To make the dressing in a mortar & pestle. Pound the garlic and chilli, then add the fish sauce, and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.
- Pour boiling water over the vermicelli stand until its soft, drain, rinse under cold running water. Pop it in a bowl and cut with scissors.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Toss to combine with dressing and serve scattered with peanuts.