POLENTA BUCKWHEAT CHIPS
w PORCINI SALT
Chips di Farina Mista al Forno
Serves 2 I Gluten Free I Egg Free I Soy Free I Sugar Free I Nut Free
- Olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups Farina Mista (coarsely ground cornmeal and buckwheat) or polenta
- Slice of butter
- Handful grated pecorino, plus extra to serve
- Ground black pepper
- 2 pinches porcini powder*
- 2 pinches murray river salt flakes
- Grease the bottom of a loaf tin with olive oil.
- Add water to a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Slowly add farina mista into the boiling water as you stir, reduce heat to low - cover and cook for 1 minute. Add butter, pecorino, ground pepper and stir. Pour into loaf tin. Smooth top with a spatula so it’s flat. Pop it into the fridge to set for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- To make the porcini salt, rub together porcini powder and salt, set aside. Pop some grease-proof paper onto a oven safe tray.
- Turn out the farina mista onto a chopping board, tap to release until it falls out. Cut into chip size pieces and pop onto your tray. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and bake (or grill) for 20 - 40 minutes (depending on how thick you cut them), turning over once, until crisp or golden.
- Serve on a plate with a sprinkle of porcini salt and pecorino.
*Porcini powder is made by blending dried porcini mushroom until fine. You can pop dried porcini and salt in the blender and blend until smooth.