If you don't know by now all of my recipes are gluten free because my partner is coeliac. I try to make him the food he can no longer eat - like doughnuts! This ones a baked version, not the best version or anything 'new' I'm sure, but it was good enough to sort out a craving. This recipe makes about 24 mini doughnuts, just the base, you can top it with whatever your heart desires. Since we both love bacon I thought id make a maple glaze and top it with crispy salty bacon! Again - this is not new, but it's a ripper of a combination.
BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- 1/2 cup (60g) buckwheat flower
- 1/2 cup (50g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (130g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Good pinch Murray river salt flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 free range egg
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in a bowl or jug.
- Add dry ingredients and fold together.
- Spoon or pour into donut mood (I used a mini 8 ring silicon doughnut mould)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, rest in mould, then remove carefully and cool on a wire rack.