AND MINT PAVLOVA
Serves 8 I Prep time 15 min I Cook Time 60 min I Gluten Free I Nut Free I Soy Free
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 4 free range egg whites
- 1 tsp gluten free corn flour
- 300ml cream
- ¼ cup pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 mangoes, sliced, skin removed
- 4 passionfruit, pulp removed
- Sprigs of mint
- Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 120˚C.
- Using a pencil, trace two rectangles on baking paper (use a paperback book approx. 8x6 inches as a template). Add a dot of oil in each corner of the tray to hold the baking paper down. Place template pencil side down on a large rectangle tray (or two small trays).
- Clean the bowl and whisk of your stand mixer (or metal bowl and hand beaters) and dry thoroughly using a clean tea towel.
- Sift icing sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites on a high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add icing sugar, a tablespoon at a time, while beating until the mix is glossy and stiff peaks form. Sift in corn flour and fold in using a spatula. Transfer your mix into a large re-sealable freezer bag (or piping bag), push it to the bottom of bag, twist top and cut off the tip.
- Pipe mix in large lines inside the border of your template. Bake for 60 minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool completely inside the oven (you can let it cool overnight inside the oven).
- For the cream, sift icing sugar into a small bowl and set aside. Beat cream on a medium speed until it starts to thicken. Add your sifted icing sugar and vanilla bean paste. Beat on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, place one pavlova onto serving dish. Spoon on (or pipe) half of the cream on top. Add a few pieces of mango and mint. Place remaining pavlova on top. Arrange cream, mango and mint. Spoon over passionfruit pulp and serve immediately.
This recipe appeared originally in Yum. Gluten Free Magazine Dec Issue.