GRILLED RAINBOW TROUT
WITH WATERCRESS, CAPER DRESSING
Serves 2-4 I Prep time 15 min I Cook Time 5 min I Gluten Free I Egg Free I Nut Free I Soy Free I Sugar Free
- 1 rainbow trout, filleted and pin boned (ask your fishmonger)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Handful watercress
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- Juice of half lemon
- To make the dressing, in a food processor add watercress, dill, yogurt and process until smooth. Then add whole capers and lemon, stir and set aside.
- Turn your grill on a medium heat and line a tray with foil.
- Place your fillets on the tray and drizzle with olive oil. Turn the fillets to coat in olive oil and place skin side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillet, until almost cooked through. The fillets will continue to cook. Carefully transfer fillets onto serving platter.
- To serve, season fillets with black salt, cracked pepper and serve the dressing to the side.
This recipe appeared originally in Yum. Gluten Free Magazine Dec Issue.