I love a good pumpkin soup during winter, it’s vibrant colour reminds me of the summer sun, and that thought warms me. The addition of walnuts and Himalayan salt makes this soup a rich, filling and nourishing treat!
I like to buy local walnuts so I get the best possible taste from them and that they are fresh, packed full of nutrients and antioxidants. Himalayan salt contains 84 minerals and trace elements essential for a healthy body and it’s pure and unpolluted.
Keep the skin on your pumpkin, you won’t notice it once it’s cooked and blended, and don’t throw away the seeds! They can be simply roasted with olive oil & salt for a nutritious little snack.
PUMPKIN & WALNUT SOUP
Gluten Free I Vegetarian I Vegan I Egg Free I Dairy Free I Serves 4
- 8-10 whole walnuts (or a really good handful of shelled walnuts)
- ¼ Japanese (or Kent) pumpkin, skin on, cleaned & seeds removed
- 2 onions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- Himalayan crystal salt, to taste
- Crack and remove walnuts and pop nuts into food processor and process until smooth.
- Roughly chop pumpkin, onions, potatoes, garlic and add to a pot. Cover with enough water to nearly cover the top of veg.
- Bring to boil, stir through walnut mix and season with Himalayan salt to your taste, then simmer until all veg are soft.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender or large food processor.