Last month I had the pleasure of being Mount Zero Olives first ever Mount Zero Hero! Each week I shared an original recipe featuring Mount Zero produce. Very proud! This time around I used there black beluga lentils. This dip is just like hummus, but with lentils instead of chickpeas. It makes a large batch of dip, unless you want to freeze half, you may want to cut down on the lentils.
BELUGA LENTIL DIP
WITH CRISPY BAKED LENTIL
- 1 cup Mount Zero beluga black lentils
- 3 cloves garlic, skin on, roasted
- Pinch Mount Zero pink lake salt
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch ground coriander
- ½ cup Mount Zero extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp black sesame paste (or tahini)
- 1 tbsp raspberry (or balsamic) vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil, add lentils, turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Line a tray with foil and pop 3 garlic cloves to the side. Measure out ¼ cup cooked lentils and place on your lined tray. Add a pinch of salt, cumin, coriander, a splash of olive oil and toss to coat lentils using your hands. Spread lentils out in a single layer, bake for 10-15 minutes until crunchy while the garlic roasts on the side.
- In a food processor, add remaining lentils, olive oil, half of the lemon juice, black sesame paste and vinegar. Process until smooth. Peel the roasted garlic and add to processor along with a pinch of salt. Process and taste, adjust to your liking adding water or lemon juice and process to the thickness you desire.
- Serve dip with crispy lentils on top and lashings of olive oil.