Last month I had the pleasure of being Mount Zero Olives first ever Mount Zero Hero! Each week I shared an original recipe featuring Mount Zero produce. Very proud! With this week's recipe I played with Mount Zero falafel mix. Jazzed it up a little with a few herbs, some onion and pressed it on the sandwich press - just to be different! SO essentially it's a falafel pizza of sorts. Either way it's a great snack, picnic dish or dinner, accompanied with a tasty salad. I served this one with harissa yogurt, homemade pickled red onion, pickled carrot, toasted pine-nuts & pumpkin seeds, olive herb and some other fresh herbs from the garden. And don't forget to top that with lashings of fresh extra virgin olive oil.
SANDWICH PRESSED FALAFEL
W HARISSA YOGURT
- 1 cup Mount Zero organic falafel mix
- Handful fresh herbs (parsley, coriander & mint), chopped
- ½ onion, grated
- ½ cup water
- Splash Mount Zero extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch Mount Zero pink lake salt
- Add falafel mix, herbs, onion and water to a medium bowl. Mix until a thick paste forms and rest of 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the harissa yogurt. Combine yogurt, harissa, tahini, lemon juice and salt tp a bowl. Stir until combined.
- Heat a sandwich press.
- Add a generous splash of olive oil to the heated press. Place falafel mix on top and press. Cook until crispy and golden.
- To serve. Cut into portions, spoon over harissa yogurt, a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt.