This is one of my favoured snacks that uses some of my favourite ingredients - chilli, garlic, fresh herbs & veggies from the garden and some from the market! For this recipe I picked some lettuce, mint, Vietnamese mint and cucumber straight from the garden. I always have rice paper in the pantry, it's so versatile and easy healthy option for a last minute snack or lunch idea. Rice paper rounds are a staple of Vietnamese cuisine, you can find them in the supermarket & Asian grocers and they are gluten free.
RICE PAPER ROLLS
w GREEN CHILLI DIPPING SAUCE
Serves 2-4 I Prep time 30 min I Gluten Free I Egg Free I Nut Free I Soy Free I Vegetarian
- 12 x 16cm round rice paper
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Bunch fresh vietnamese mint, leaves picked
- Bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- Handful bean sprouts
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- Handful snow-pea sprouts
- 12 lettuce leaves
GREEN CHILLI DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 long green chilli
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 1 tbsp water
- Place vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water, stand for 2-3 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water.
- For the dipping sauce, place garlic, green chilli and palm sugar in a mortar and pestle and pound. Add remaining ingredients, stir until palm sugar is dissolved, pour into serving dish and set aside.
- Fill a deep dish or large bowl with warm water. Place a clean damp tea towel on your working surface and arrange the filling ingredients in front of you.
- Soak 1 sheet of rice paper for around 5 seconds and place on your damp tea towel. Start assembling your roll by adding your ingredients on the middle top half of the circle, so they come out of the top a little. Once filled, fold the bottom half of the circle over the bottom of the ingredients, then starting at one end roll it firmly until sealed.
- Repeat with remaining sheets of rice paper.
- Arrange on a platter and serve with dipping sauce.