If you like foods that have a little kick, you'll love these stuffed jalapeño. The chorizo crumb adds an extra kick of smokiness, a little goes a long way. It’s one of my favorites for parties, the recipe can easily be tripled for a crowd and will be sure to spice up any backyard BBQ.
w CHORIZO CRUMBS
Serves 2 I Prep time 10 min I Cook time 25 min
Gluten Free I Soy Free I Nut Free
- 6 jalapeño
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish chorizo, sliced
- Handful coriander
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch murray river salt flakes
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- Good mayo to serve (optional)
- Cut jalapeño in half, scrape out seeds, char skin side over an open gas flame (or under a grill) and set aside.
- To make the chorizo crumbs, heat a small pan with olive oil, add chorizo and fry until dry and crispy. Drain on kitchen towel. Pound in a mortar & pestle (or pulse in a food processor) until crumbs form. Set some crumb aside for a garnish and leave the remaining crumb in your mortar.
- To make the stuffing, add garlic, salt and coriander into your mortar with remaining crumb and pound until smooth. Add cream cheese and stir until combined.
- Stuff jalapeño with cream cheese. Grill until golden. Serve drizzled with a good mayo (optional) and sprinkle with remaining chorizo crumbs.