CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT SLICE
Serves 6-9 I Prep time 10 min I Cook time 25 min
Gluten Free I Soy Free
- 150ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 free range eggs
- 60g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 30g dutch cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g hazelnut meal (or almond meal)
- 6g (1 tsp) gluten free baking powder
- Pinch murray river sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Oil and line a 8x7 inch baking tin (or line any flat baking tray).
- Whisk eggs and sugar.
- Add vanilla, cocoa, chocolate, hazelnut meal, baking powder, salt and mix together well.
- Place into tin and press into shape and top with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean, let it cool in the tin.
- Whip cream, vanilla, cocoa and maple syrup until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, spread over cream, top with hazelnuts and drizzle with maple syrup.