Great one to whip up the night before if you have an early get together the following day. You can roast the pears, whip the cream and pop them in the fridge the day before. You can also bake the pavlova at night and leave it to cool in the oven overnight. Just assemble before your ready to serve!
w ROASTED PEARS
Serves 8 I Prep time 20 min I Cook time 40 min + 60 min
Gluten Free I Soy Free I Nut Free
- 4 beurre bosc pears, cored, cut in half
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- A little butter
- 4 free range egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g pure icing sugar
- 3 tbsp premium dutch cocoa powder
- 25g cornflour
- 25g dark chocolate 70%, grated
- 500 ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Drizzle pomegranate molasses
- Sprigs of mint
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Place pear halves into a lined roasting pan, cut side up, add a dot of butter on the pears, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roast for 40 mins, until tender – to test if they’re cooked, poke a knife through the thickest part, it should glide through. Set aside to cool.
- Turn oven down to 120 degrees celsius. Line a tray with baking paper.
- In a clean bowl whip egg whites, slowly add caster sugar, whip until stiff peaks. Sift in pure icing sugar, cocoa powder and cornflour. Add chocolate and fold through slowly.
- Spoon onto your prepared tray in a circle with a slightly lower centre. Pop it in the oven for 60 minutes. Turn off the oven and let it cool for a couple of hours (or overnight).
- Whip cream and vanilla until soft peaks.
- To assemble, place meringue onto serving dish, pop on whipped cream and arrange pears. Drizzle over pomegranate molasses and sprigs of mint.