I love olives! The combination of salty olives with sweet carrots really compliment each other. In this recipe I've used Mount Zero olive oil, pink lake salt and organic kalamata olives. Quality stuff. Serve this great side alongside any hearty roast.
w/ KALAMATA OLIVE SAUCE
Serves 2 I Prep time 10 min I Cook time 20 min
Gluten Free I Soy Free I Egg Free I Sugar Free I Nut Free
- Good handful carrots
- Splash Mount Zero extra virgin olive oil
- Ground Mount Zero pink lake salt w/ native pepper berries
- ½ cup Mount Zero organic kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place carrots on top, splash over olive oil, a grind or two of salt and toss to coat using your hands. Place in pre-heated oven, roast until carrots are cooked and golden, about 15 minutes depending on the size of your carrots.
- Pound olives in a mortar and pestle until you have a chunky paste. Squeeze in lemon, add yogurt and stir to combine.
- Arrange carrots onto serving plate, spoon over olive sauce and drizzle with olive oil.